Electric Branding iron or Flame Heated? How Do I Choose?
Branding irons, whether flame heated or electric, are useful tools for marking wooden and leather works with your logo or unique designs. Torch heated branding iron are usually more economical compared to electric ones.
If you're trying to decide whether to use a flame heated or electric branding iron, consider the following pros and cons. If you're still unsure, don't hesitate to reach out to us. With over a decade of experience in the field, we can recommend the best setup for your work.
- Portability: A flame heated branding iron can be used in any location without needing access to electricity.
- Lower upfront cost: A flame heated branding iron generally costs less than an electric branding iron.
- Safety concerns: Using a flame heated branding iron requires handling an open flame, which can be dangerous if proper safety precautions are not taken.
- Inconsistent heat: It can be challenging to maintain consistent heat with a flame heated branding iron, which can result in uneven branding especially for intricate designs.
- Re-heating required: Since the branding iron is not being heated up constantly, it has to be reheated after several branding. It will be time consuming for large volume branding.
- Safety: An electric branding iron eliminates the need for an open flame, which makes it safer to use.
- Consistent heat: An electric branding iron is designed to maintain a consistent temperature, which can result in more even branding.
- Versatility: Electric branding irons can be used for a wider range of designs, including intricate or detailed patterns.
- Wider applicable material: An electric branding iron can be used on a wide range of material as the temperature is consistently controlled e.g. hardwood, pallet, vegetable tanned & chrome tanned leather, faux leather, suede, pebbled leather, plastic, paper etc.
- Requires electricity: An electric branding iron must be plugged into an electrical outlet to function, so it is not as portable as a flame heated branding iron.
- Higher upfront cost: Electric branding irons generally cost more than flame heated branding irons.
If you're still in doubt, feel free to reach out to us. With over a decade of experience in the field, we can recommend the best setup for your work. We typically reply in less than 24 hours.